Sunday, August 12, 2012

Plus Two More...

My credit card balance survived Cathy and Mandy's Picture Books 10 for 10 on August 10th.  Now I am grateful that Mary Lee at A Year of Reading suggested Plus Two More on August 12th.  I realized after I posted that I had left two off of my list.  Here are my PLUS TWO...and they come in sets of two!  I have started buying text sets to be able to act on wonder when reading a historical fiction picture book.

Mercedes and the Chocolate Pilot meets Candy Bomber:  The Story of the Berlin Airlift's Chocolate Pilot:  Mercedes is one of the many true stories you will read about in the Candy Bomber...a biography about Lt. Halverson who loaded candy parachutes with chocolate and gum to feed the children of West Berlin during WW2.








Twenty-One Elephants and Still Standing meets You Wouldn't Want to Work on the Brooklyn Bridge!:  A beautiful account of how one man seized the opportunity to show the people of Brooklyn that the bridge was safe and strong and a creative text to help readers understand this enormous project that seemed impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment