Saturday, December 22, 2012

When times are difficult...look around...read a book...

Our family has just begun to experience the loss of my father, my children's grandfather, my mother's devoted husband of over 40 years...  His five month struggle with cancer was full of many feelings, but the one lesson I learned was to look around.  Although there are no words to describe the hurt and loss right now, I can look around and find peace in my dad's comfort and strength to find courage in the day's ahead.  There are so many loving memories of my dad that I will forever hold in my heart.  To look around and see the presence of friends and family...a smile, a hug, a photo, his glasses, a laugh, a card, a hand holding out a tissue, a book...

There  are two books that I have found that I will be using to support my children with the death of a grandparent.  Thank you to the church and friends for recommending the following books to help our family during this difficult time.  Please give your families an extra squeeze during this holiday season...


Link to Amazon

Link to Amazon


2 comments:

  1. Sending positive thoughts and prayers. Thank you for posting such an important life lesson that we all need help with at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. Your strength and grace is an inspiration. May your memories continue to bring you comfort. The picture you posted is priceless.

    ReplyDelete