Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CREATE-ing time at the end of the year....

For the first time in over a year and a half, I missed my monthly reflection on my One Little Word for the year.  During the last month of school, finding time...creating time...was not a priority.  Our to-do lists are filled with reports, inventories, conferences, packing up the room, finding distractions to avoid packing up our rooms, cum folders, and so on...I found myself losing sight of the year and the moments that were CREATEd and wonderful.

Today was our last day of school.  Through the hustle and bustle of the last day, a thank you note signed by a student I worked with this school year reminded me of why I am a teacher...why we need to slow down...why the end of the year is hard...and why they are not just kids on a class list or data projections.

Here is how this student signed their note to me...You go Bailey!  Invent something terrific!

2 comments:

  1. priceless-happy vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still gives me goosebumps! Thanks so much for sharing. You have made a difference in so many lives (young and old;) this year.

    ReplyDelete